I'm converting a 2021 Specialized Sirrus - X 4.0. It comes with 40T front chainring and 11 speed Shimano rear cassette. I'll be installing 1000w BBSDH system, 52v.
1. Should I shoot for a smaller chainring like the 40T the bike came with or use the 46T that the motor kit comes with. Is there any issue with throwing chains with the smaller chainring up front? I do live in a hilly area, but my main concern is with the bike functioning smoothly. I'm sure the motor will get up the hills I face.
2. I notice that the bling rings are a lot more expensive, are they a lot better?
3. Since I already have a single ring up front with my 1x drivetrain, do I even need another chainring?
4. Will I need a new chain if I switch to a 46T chainring?
5. With the 11 speed cassette and I thin chain, is there an issue with the stock 46T chainring that comes with the Bafang motor kit fitting the chain in the teeth?
Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions, I am a noob.